Positions and opportunities are typically advertised through the Department for Education's Teacher Vacancies website: https://teaching-vacancies.service.gov.uk/
ADVERT FOR THE POSITION OF HEADTEACHER
PARBOLD DOUGLAS CHURCH OF ENGLAND ACADEMY,
Tel: 01257 462007
School website: www.pda.lancs.sch.uk
Position: Headteacher, Parbold Douglas Church of England Academy, Lancashire
Contract: Full-time, Permanent position (from April 2024)
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience, within the range L14 – L21
School type: Academy converter
Phase: Primary (ages 5 to 11)
Parbold Douglas CE Academy is a thriving one form entry primary school with a strong Christian ethos. There is an independent Nursery on the school premises, operated by the Academy.
Following the recent resignation of our highly successful Headteacher to a second Headship, the Governors are looking for a person who has:
- A clear strategic vision for education, founded on strong Christian and educational values.
- A passionate commitment to develop learning and excellence for all our children.
- The ability to lead, inspire, empower and motivate all members of the school community to ensure everyone is able to let their light shine (Matthew 5:16).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to ensure continued growth in positive relationships with parents and the caring and inclusive ethos within the school.
We can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming school with a forward thinking and dedicated team of staff who are committed to ensuring every child is able to excel and achieve.
- Supportive parents and school community
- Enthusiastic and friendly pupils eager to learn and do their best
- Continued support for your professional development
- Strong links with the Parish and Diocese
- A supportive and ambitious Governing Board
For further information about the school, please see the school website (www.pda.lancs.sch.uk).
The Chair of Governors welcomes the opportunity to informally discuss the post with any interested applicants. This can be arranged through the School Business Manager (on 01257 462007 or email email@example.com). Visit to the school can also be arranged through the School Business Manager.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 11th January 2024, 12 noon.
The pre-interview day will take place on Tuesday 30th January 2024 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 31st January 2024.
As a school we are committed to safeguarding our children and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other relevant employment checks.
Please note, CVs are not accepted. To apply for this vacancy, you need to complete the application form attached, as well as a Letter of Application*, and return to:
or delivery by hand or post to the school by the deadline.
*Further information about the Letter of Application can be found at the end of the Application Form, and within the Person Specification for the post.